Preheat oven to 425 degrees F/220°C
In a large bowl combine eggs and egg yolk, white sugar and brown sugar. Add salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. Gradually stir in milk and cream. Stir in pumpkin. Pour filling into shell.
Bake for 10 minutes in preheated oven. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F/180°C and bake for an additional 40 to 45 minutes or until filling is set.
- 1 nine inch / 23 cm pie pastry crust
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup / 100 gram white sugar
- 1/2 cup / 100 gram packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cup / 350 ml milk
- 1/2 cup / 120 ml heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups / 400 gram pumpkin puree