Sweet potato casserole
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F/160°C. Put sweet potatoes in a medium saucepan with water to cover. Cook over medium high heat until tender; drain and mash.
In a large bowl, mix together the sweet potatoes, white sugar, eggs, salt, butter, milk and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth. Transfer into a 9 x 13 inch / 23 x 33 cm baking dish.
In a medium bowl mix the brown sugar and flour. Cut in the butter until the mixture is coarse. Stir in the pecans. Sprinkle the mixture over the sweet potato mixture.
Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until the topping is lightly browned.
- 4 cups / 800 gram sweet potato (cubed)
- 1/2 cup / 100 gram white sugar
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup / 120 ml milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup / 90 gram packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup / 40 gram all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup / 75 gram chopped pecans