Create a Spanish atmosphere in your home with our paella recipe
Bring the Spanish sun into your home with this simple paella recipe. BEKA is ready for cosy evenings with friends and family, are you?
- 200 g chorizo
- 500 g mussels
- 100 g peas
- 250 g squid
- 400 g paella rice
- 500 g chicken thighs
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 l chicken stock
- 2 dl white wine
- ½ lemon
- 1 onion
- 8 prawns
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Chicken seasoning
- Saffron powder
60 minutes 6 persons Summer, World kitchen
- Start the preparation by putting a large pot of chicken stock on. Then cut the onion into larger pieces.
- Press the garlic for a strong garlic flavour, cut it into chunks for a milder garlic flavour. Dice the peppers. The chorizo can also be cut into large pieces.
- Rinse the mussels well so that all the sand and dirt is removed. Peel the prawns but leave the heads on as they contain a lot of flavour.
- Finally, cut the squid into rings of about 1 cm wide.
- Time to start cooking!
- Heat the pan with olive oil and fry the prawns for about 1 minute per side. Remove them from the pan and keep them for garnishing the paella.
- Season the chicken thighs with chicken seasoning and fry them in the pan until golden brown. Are you cooking your paella in a large paella pan? If so, push the chicken thighs to the edge. Don’t have a paella pan? Remove the chicken thighs from the pan for the next few steps. Do the same for the chorizo and squid.
- If necessary, add extra olive oil to the pan, then fry the onion and garlic. When the onions are glossy, add the diced peppers. Season to taste with paprika and saffron powder.
- Now the party can really get started. Move the chicken thighs, chorizo and squid back to the middle of the pan. Sprinkle with rice and stir well.
- Then add 2 dl of dry white wine to the pan.
- Now add the chicken stock to the dish and let the rice simmer for 20 minutes. It is important to keep stirring everything so that the flavours are distributed.
- Finally, add the peas and mussels. The pre-fried prawns may also be placed in the pan. Let it cook gently and stir the paella now and then.
- Time to serve! Grate some lemon peel over the paella pan. Taste and season with salt and pepper if necessary. Garnish the dish with a handful of fresh parsley.