Get ready for spring with this spinach salad
With the sun peeking through the curtains we’ll enjoy the first outdoor lunches with beautiful views of nature all around us. Let’s embrace the beauty of the season and take spring into your home, as on your plate. Are you ready for a delicious spring-fresh spinach salad?
- 1 red onion
- 300g fresh baby spinach
- 120g semi-sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 1 lemon
- 800g Beef: steak or sirloin steak (thick cut)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- Sprig of rosemary
- Balsamic cream
- Pepper and salt
- Start by washing the spinach. Cut thin slices of your red onion and slice the avocado into small pieces.
- Sprinkle the avocado with drops of lemon juice so that it stays beautifully green.
- Use the oil from the semi-dried tomatoes for the meat marinade. Add the pressed garlic cloves, pepper, and salt and brush the meat with this mixture.
- Sear the meat over high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side with the sprigs of rosemary, which you will remove after cooking.
- Place a non-stick pan over medium-low heat and add the pine nuts. Shake the pan regularly so that the nuts are nicely roasted on all sides.
- Take a sharp meat knife and slice your meat into thin strips.
- Divide the spinach, onion, sun-dried tomatoes, and avocado over 4 plates and place your strips of steak on top.
- Add the pine nuts and some balsamic as a finishing touch.
- Enjoy your meal!
In this recipe, the perfectly fried strips of steak can also be replaced with delicious pieces of grilled chicken.