White asparagus with scallops and Ganda ham
Taste the spring season with asparagus! This asparagus dish with Ganda ham and scallops is our favourite spring meal - different from the classic asparagus dishes but just as tasty.
- 4 slices Ganda ham
- 12 white asparagus
- 2 tbsp dairy butter
- 12 scallops
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100 g brown beech mushroom (shimeji)
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- pepper and salt to taste
- a few sprigs of parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place the slices of Ganda ham on a sheet of baking paper and bake until crispy.
Leave to cool.
- Peel the asparagus with a peeler and remove the tough ends.
Cook the asparagus until tender in the asparagus cooker.
- Melt the butter in a hot pan and fry the scallops briefly on both sides.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the beech mushrooms. Do not stir too much allowing them to brown nicely. Deglaze with the balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Remove the mushrooms from the pan and keep the cooking juices.
- Cut the asparagus into four or five pieces and arrange them on the plates. Place the fried mushrooms and scallops around them.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Garnish with the crispy ham and parsley and divide the cooking juices from the mushrooms over the plates.