Try a daring creation this rhubarb season with our surprising compote
Everyone is familiar with the classic recipes for rhubarb jam, rhubarb pie or even rhubarb crumble. But at BEKA we want to surprise you with daring flavour combinations! Discover this delicious recipe for spiced rhubarb compote.
- 1250 g rhubarb
- a large piece of ginger
- 5 cardamom pods
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 chilli pepper
- 1 tsp pink peppercorns
- a knob of dairy butter
- 100 g light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cinnamon stick
60 minutes Summer
- Rinse the rhubarb and cut it into small pieces.
- Crush the ginger, cardamom pods, coriander seeds, chilli pepper and peppercorns in a mortar. Remove the outer shell of the cardamom pods.
- Heat the butter in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan and add the crushed spices.
- Fry briefly, then add the pieces of rhubarb.
- Fry everything thoroughly.
- Add the light brown sugar, soy sauce and lemon juice to the rhubarb and place the cinnamon stick in the pot.
- Simmer for 40 minutes or until the rhubarb has the desired texture.
- Remove the cinnamon stick from the pot and pour the rhubarb into jars.
- This compote is delicious both warm and cold.