Chicken waterzooi with broccoli
Waterzooi is a delicious stew full of refined flavours and healthy ingredients. You can’t go wrong with this BEKA recipe! 😊
- 2 leeks
- 3 celery ribs
- 2 carrots
- 2 onions
- 1 broccoli
- 3 chicken fillets
- 3 chicken legs
- 2 dl cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- Handful of parsley
60 minutes serves 4 Healthy
- Cut the onion, the green part of the leek and half of the carrots and celery into large pieces.
- Place this in a large cooking pot - for example the Papillon - together with the chicken and aromatics (thyme, rosemary), then cover them with water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Let this broth cook for 25 to 35 minutes, then remove the chicken.
- Sieve the cooking liquid, then bring it to a boil again. Cut the broccoli into florets and cook them in the broth.
- Meanwhile, peel the potatoes and cook them in another pot.
- Julienne the remaining carrots, celery and leek whites and add them to the stock together with the chicken. Also stir in half of the cream. Leave to cook for another ten minutes or so, then remove from the heat.
- Stir the other half of the cream into the egg yolk; this is called a ‘liaison’. Add the liaison to the pot and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in deep plates, garnish with a sprig of parsley, and your waterzooi is ready to serve!